|Click here for Older Issues|
September 14, 2017
* It Takes a Community to Raise a Turnip; Mechanicsville Innovative Garden in full bloom. - by - Tim Thibeault. (Added Pics)
* Literary Tastes of Wellington West; Local authors add child-like flavour. - by - Barbara Clubb.
* Hintonburg Community Association; Annual General Meeting. - by - staff.
* Photo Inset: “Something Told the Wild Geese”; A poem for a Canadian September. - by - Rachel Field.
* I scream, you scream, we all scream for Gelato; The scoop on Hintonburg’s ice cream and gelato shops. - by - Allyson Domanski.
* Ottawa Canada Rocks; A new Facebook group for Ottawa. - by - Barbara Clubb.
* Cst Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Back to School. - by - Cst. Dawn Neilly.
* Security Alert; Car Break-ins. - by - HCA Security Committee.
* End-of-Summer Blues; Goldenrod, cricket songs, and back-to-school. - by - Anna Borris.
September 28, 2017
* Cross Training With a Difference; St. Martin’s promotes whole-self fitness. - by - Sharron Hanna.
* Hampton Iona Community Group: Ward 15 Looks 4Ward; Today’s meeting for tomorrow’s community. - by - Lorne Cutler, President HICG.
* Rosemount Library; Fall Activities. - by - Jennifer Johnson, Supervising Librarian.
* We Have a Winner!; Hintonburg boasts world’s BEST gelato. - by - Allyson Domanski.
* Enriched Bread Artists Open Studio; Celebrating 25 Years. - by - E.B.A. P.R. Committee.
* Rosemount Library ; The City should commit to a new plan. - by - Blaine Marchand, R.E.A.D.
* Care to Make a Difference?; Rosemount Library seeks homework helpers. - by - staff (PSA).
* Cst. Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Tips to avoid theft from vehicles. - by - Cst. Dawn Neilly.
* Federal Report; House is Back in Session. - by - Catherine McKenna, MP, Ottawa-Centre.
* Biking Gets a Little Greener; Growing Futures at NCC’s Bike Days. - by - Lucia Eyzaguirre.(Added Pic)
* Goldfinger vs Marnie; Sean Connery was everywhere in the 60’s. - by - Anna Borris.
October 26, 2017
DUE TO WEBNOSTING PROBLEMS,
THIS ISSUE IS NOT YET ONLINE.
* “Growing Home” at Orange Gallery; Susan Prosser’s book launch draws crowds. (Added Pics) - by - Allyson Domanski.
* Newswest Annual General Meeting; Make your voice heard. - by - staff.
* Champlain Oaks Project; City trees’ heritage status a first. - by - Debra Huron. (Added Pics)
* October 26, 2017: WCA-AGM; on Nov. 21, 2017. - by - staff.
* 13SocEnt is Bringing Food Home; Parkdale Food Centre in the community. - by - Lucia Ezyaguirre, Parkdale Food Centre.
* A Difficult Decision for Rosemount; Little to be gained in OPL choice to renovate. - by - Blaine Marchand, R.E.A.D.
* Hintonburg Community Association AGM; Summing up 2017, planning for 2018. - by - Larry Hudon, President HCA.
* NCC in Ward 15; Will parkland become ‘Traditional Main Street’? - by - Gary Ludington.
* Women’s History Month; Federal Report. - by - Catherine McKenna, MP Ottawa-Centre.
* Cst. Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Hallowe’en can be scary and safe. - by - Cst. Dawn Neilly, OPS.
* Rosemount - Haunted Library?; OPL celebrates Storytelling through Novels and Short Stories in October. - by - OPL.
* Trick or Treat 1964; Martians, monsters and not a store-bought costume in sight. - by - Anna Borris.
* (Online-only) Places to Meet, Faces to Greet; Ottawa Newcomers’ Club. - by - Cathy Williams, ONC Publicity Committee.